Happy Earth Day, everybody! At the Mountain®, we strive to make everyday Earth Day through innovative and eco-conscious practices. Not only do we care about providing you with the most epic of t-shirts, but we also want to make sure that our environmental impact is as minimal as possible. We are able to do this by being forward-thinkers in the screen-printing industry and by looking at our role in the bigger environmental picture. We've been in the game a while (over 20 years) and it has always been one of our main priorities to make ourselves "the greenest t-shirt company in America".
- Our green business initiatives span most aspects of what we do here; whether that be diligently recycling bottles and paper or minimalizing the amount of resources to produce our tees.
- We use only non-hazardous, water-based inks with no harmful plastics and phthalates.
- We have instated a revolutionary process called the Dye Oxidation System (DOS), which purifies our manufacturing waste water by removing colors and additives without the addition of chemicals.
- We also recycle our wastewater and have already reused over 1,000,000 gallons!
- There is a new initiative to reduce the amount of cardboard waste from shipping. Last year alone, we recycled over 185,000 pounds.
Here at The Mountain® we feel an enormous responsibility to not only provide quality products, but also reduce our environmental impact for a more sustainable future. You can do your part to protect the Earth by being a smart consumer and buying from companies that are implementing green practices. If we work together and educate ourselves, we will hold the keys to building a beautiful future.